Monday, 21 September 2020

2020 - September - throwback to bags made - Autumn 2011

 Where has three months just gone? I've taken the Solstice Days blog offline for the moment, not sure if or when I will blog again there.

But throwback is back, a look back of things I've made over the years, now it's another autumn round the corner...

....9th October 2011....

Well it's taken most of the weekend but I finally finished it, applique leaves, a bag for Autumn.

It's lined and it's been unpicked twice as I'm not very good at sewing linings into bags but I've even managed to make two inside pockets as well.

I've used a lovely script design fabric which is good quality cotton fabric leftover from when I made some bathroom curtains years ago but I think it looks okay and the applique leaf designs are the same on both sides of the bag.

I have enough cream fabric left to make another leaf design bags but with a different lining and some red, green,yellow and brown velvet fabric for the leaves.

Bag #2

A quiet sunday staying in as hubby was working till tea-time, so I finished off making autumn shopper bag #2 - "Falling Leaves", applique leaves made from velvet fabric in autumn colours of red, green, gold and brown which took me about an hour to sew on...
It's taken me two days to make because I decided to braid the handles and because I've used a crazy patchwork fabric ( "Crazy Quilt Design - An Apple a day collection by Benartex) for the lining, the bag is reversible as well.
edit - 2020 A lovely bag which I kept for myself as it didn't sell! 

Jo





No comments:

Post a Comment